Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pop Up... Piano Card

Hello Everyone, 
I hope you all had a nice weekend and a wonderful Valentines Day! 
So today I'm sharing with you a card that I made for this week's Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge  #172-Shaped Card. It can be anything other than a square. Since I make lots of rectangles I thought I would try something new. OK, I know this piano card has been around here and there...however, I made mine from scratch. I have been wanting to make a crd like this for a very long time. I just used the standard 5 x6 size that I like and turned it sideways. It basically opens like a regular card would that you would buy from the store. The curve I just free handed and fussy cut out. Lots of cheery lynn flowers, leaves and flourishes on this card. 


I made the pop up part by just folding paper back and forth. So it can be placed in an envelope and mailed. The doily I cut in half and stamped the sentiment on it. There is also a cheery lynn butterfly inside but it was hard for me to get the right angle for a photo....sorry. 


Here is a closer view....also my triple bow again! This time I placed a miniature rose on top. 
The piano part is a 1 inch white strip. I drew lines with a marker in black every .5 inches and then added a .25 x .75 inch cut up black paper for the keys. Pretty easy just takes a little time. 


Here you can kind of see the butterfly....lol
I made my card with a third part so that is where I will place my personal sayings. 


I used the Victorian romance flourish inside too, white cardstock and pink cardstock on the front. 


So I was planning to use this inside on the back but it as a bit too much so I made it into a bookmark that I could send with the card, since it does match. 


Another view....same size piano instructions as above and I added the scalloped punch in pink  and black cardstock to enhance it a bit more.


Cheery Lynn Diecuts Used:

DL151 Victorian Romance Flourish
DL Exotic Butterflies Small #2
DL102 French Pastry 
B178 Flourish Leaf Strip
B241 Rose Leaf Strip
B152 Miniature Rose

So I hope you enjoyed my piano card today. It did take a bit longer to make, but I'm happy with the ending result. 
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!
Hugs
Lisa

12 comments:

shulsart said...

Lisa, your card is just adorable. I love the shape and how the lid raises up! Your floral bouquet is stunning. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Unknown said...

What a brilliant shaped card. Beautiful and quite exquisite!

Lizzyc said...

This is amazing,, clever creating,, and looks so pretty too..

Juliz Design Post said...

Absolutely stunning and your perfectly made roses look beautiful against your piano. Love this. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Karen said...

Amazing piano card and I just adore the flowers Lisa! Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Good luck!

Sandra said...

Absolutely beautiful a and so creative!

Ava Gavloski said...

Lisa, gorgeous card. Please take this as a complement.... My nom is a piano teacher and she would love a card like this for mothers day. I hope you are ok with me scrap jacking your pattern...

Lisa said...

Ava
Thanks for the compliment. Enjoy! ��

Debbie's Time Out said...

Wow Lisa. Very striking card. The black and with the bouquet of flowers is so striking. Love how the top lifts up on the piano too. Just perfect. Thanks for joining us in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of luck to you.

Gail said...

I'm not even sure how I got to your blog...clicked here, clicked there, and here I am and I sure am glad. This piano card is truly magnificent and much much nicer than a card where it was a die that made the shape. This is fabulous, looks great, and then that matching bookmark, too! I adore the black and white base and then those gorgeous peach/salmon bouquet and perfect bow. I think this card is one of the best I've ever seen because you thought it out and did it from scratch. XXOO, Gail

Lisa said...

Thanks everyone for such wonderful compliments. I truly appreciate every one of them!

Tracey Marie said...

What a beautiful card, love everything about it 🙂