Friday, April 26, 2013

Proud To Be An American!

This past weekend, I was thinking about the sad losses and the horrible tragedy of the Boston Marathon Runners, friends and family. It is still a shocking story to so many of us. It then reminded me of how strong our nation can come to together after even a horrific event. I was thinking of making a card for the Fourth of July soon. Not only is it my favorite Holiday but I wanted to remember all the men and women who fight for our country to keep it free. I then remembered the song by Lee Greenwood "Proud To Be An American". The song goes straight to my heart and always brings tears to my eyes. I once even seen the dancing fountains at the Bellagio, Las vegas...dance to this song. It was so beautiful and it will always touch me so very deeply. So this is a card to tribute to the friends, family and love ones in the Boston Marathon and to salute all the men and women who fight for us.
 Thank You from the bottom of my heart!


This is a funky folded card that was designed by Cheryl. I haven't made one in a while and I really love how fast and easy it really is to make. I used lots of bling and spellbinders diecuts. The little stars I cut out twice and glued a piece of wire in between to hold them up. I then glittered them with fairy dust glitter by Donna Salazar. The papers are all from K & Company and I made more little Bitty Blossoms with the same paper line. 


I even did the inside to match the outside with even more bling. This card really shines! 


God Bless All of Us! 
I'm so Proud To Be An American! 
See you soon... 
xoxo

No comments: