Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Heartfelt Wednesday's *Missing You...*

So today for Heartfelt Wednesday, I wanted to share with you a very special layout that I made in memory of my daughter's loss of her boyfriend last month. This is a photo of Nick and Erica a few months back and it is one of very few photos I have of them together. They looked so happy together and it still is a great loss to everyone who knew and loved him. So I titled the layout "Missing You" since that is how we all feel.... The beautiful papers are from Heartfelt Creations called "posy patch" and they are just lovely. I fussy cut out lots of flowers and I added lots of diecuts. 


Here you can see the "posy patch" paper of the bird and flowers. There are great stamps if you want to color the bird and flowers a different color. However, I wanted to use the papers to show the beautiful pre-made colors for you. Behind the bird is a diecut called "timeless amour" it is a beautiful heart that is a must have in your collection for all kinds of occasions. 


The sentiment is a stamp from "classic messages" I just love the font and I layered it with "fancy framed tags two"...the bling is from ZVA and you can also buy it through Heartfelt Creations.


I framed the photo in teal and then used "romantic rectangles" in black cardstock. You can also see I stamped flowers in teal for a bit of contrast. There are "vintage floret" flowers stamped on the "posy patch" paper and I added gala glitz in the centers. 


It has been a really long time since I last made a 12 x 12 layout because I have seemed to have lost my mojo for them for a while....however, I am so glad it came back to make this photo special. 
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to stop by Heartfelt Creations Blog for new projects from our DT.
xoxo

11 comments:

Glenda said...

What a gorgeous layout! And a sweet tribute to the loss of a friend. Well done!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a gorgeous page! Love that bird~

Martie Rollin said...

Love your floral display work! Fussy cutting takes time, but the end result is well worth the effort. Thanks for sharing your LO with us.

merrymstamper said...

what a gorgeous tribute!!! love your layout. Sorry for the loss!

Cindy Gay said...

Beautiful page. I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of someone so young.

Candy's Creations Blog said...

Beautiful layout and what a wonderful tribute!

Love crafts forever said...

Such a sad story, so sorry about her loss. But you did absolutely amazing job to make this memory forever.
Hugs Nataliya

Caroline D. said...

Gorgeous page!! I'm sorry about your family's loss. Prayers for your daughter's heart to heal. Thank you for sharing a special memory with us.

Amarilys said...

gorgeous layout and tribute to him! I'm so sorry for yours and your daughter's loss. Thanks for sharing with us

Linda said...

Beautiful lay out . I am sorry for the loss. You are so kind to make such a gorgeous piece of art for memories.

Kathy said...

This is a gorgeous layout, Lisa. So sorry for your daughter's loss. Blessings! Kathy