Sunday, January 6, 2013

I Love You SEW Much

 Happy Sunday!
Today I'm sharing with you a card that I have been wanting to make for a while now using little wooden spools of thread. 
A few years ago I seen a layout that had these cute little spools of thread on it, so I bought the wooden pieces and it just sat around for a while. 
I asked my husband to split them in have for me using his tools and it ended up being perfectly flat on the back. I wrapped embroidery floss around them and glue them in right on the card. Super cute embellishments and it gives it a nice 3D effect to your card or layout. 


The little retro/vintage sewing machine was a photo online clipart and I sized it 2.5 inches and printed it out on the same cream cardstock. The beautiful hearts are from Heartfelt Creations "timeless amour" collection...getting ready for Valentine's Day cards? Well, then this is must have for your collection.


The beautiful diecut in cream in the background is from Cheery Lynn Designs called "Italian Flourish"
It was my first time using it....LOVE IT! 
The cute patterned paper I have had for a long time from Cosmo Cricket. 
I think it is from the Material Girl Collection. 
I added some cream ruler ribbon, buttons, and some bling to finish this fun little card.


Thanks for stopping by today..hope you enjoyed.
hugs

3 comments:

Dawnas Place said...

Hi Lisa, Thanks for sharing how you made this lovely little gem! I love the sentiment and how you made the spools of thread. Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, Dawna (form Dawna's Place at sb.com).

PS: Had to "follow" your blog while I was here too! Hope your having a great weekend!

Denise Price said...

LOVE how you used real spools!

Candy's Creations Blog said...

Absolutely love anything to do with sewing - this card is awesome!