Friday, October 19, 2012

Get Well Soon *Donna Salazar*

Hello again! Its Lisa back with a new card with tutorial! 
I have had some family members not feeling so well lately and that was my inspiration for today. 
When Im sick I think of chicken soups and those are the colors for today with a bit of country twist. 
Using Donna's NEW "chicken wire" stamp it feels like chicken soup is close. LOL
I really like shabby chic and vintage items so this card is a bit of both:)


Here you can see it is a bit 3D as I like most of my cards.


Just love those bitty blossoms and those amazing new chippies by Donna!


So here is how I made this card: Bare with me if some sounds very basic :)
First, take a 12 x12 white cardstock and cut at 5 inches.
Save the rest...Im a big saver anyways....How about you?


Score at 6 inches and fold in half. This is your base and the base of several cards that I make. 


Next using the "Chicken Wire" stamp, stamp right in the middle using "Black Mix'd Media Inx" 
and "Black Embossing Powder". 


Next with the leftover pieces of white cardstock, cut another 5 x 6 piece of paper.
Measure 1 inch inwards and cut out the center. 


Cut the corners at an angle and emboss with a diecut, I used 
Spellbinders "Parisian Accents" But you can use whatever you have on hand. 


Place a piece of ribbon on the bottom just barely under the frame and glue all the frame pieces down. 
If you like you can add pop dots instead. Be sure to curl up the inside edges a bit.


Next make 3 yellow flowers using "bitty blossoms" and " GCD botanique papers"
I also cut in the matching yellow paper "lacey circles" and a 1. 5 inch white circle. 
Stamp the white circle with "chicken wire" and emboss.
(Not shown, a larger yellow "lacey circle" and a circle kraft cardstock, crimped)
I added it after I took the photo....sorry!


Here are some of the extra supplies and once again that fabulous chippie from Donna!
For my title strips, I used Microsoft Word for Mac and I added tiny dots using a black marker. 


Well that is it girlies! 
It takes about an hour to make but Im sure it will make your loved one feel much better :)
Thanks for stopping by...have a great day!
xoxo

Products Used:


No comments: