Saturday, September 1, 2012

Are You Afraid Of The Dark?

Hello, I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend! I was lucky enough to get a 4 day weekend so Im in my scraproom making new projects for my DT's and Im once again on this year's new halloween card extravaganza....more to come soon... :)
Here is one I finished just a little while ago today....Lots of layering with spellbinders diecuts and Recollections patterned papers. 
I recently was shopping at Joann's and I found this adorable chandelier stamp by K & Company Studio 112 in the dollar section...I was so excited because I have been wanting a chandelier for quite some time now...but I just didn't want to pay full price.... $9-$12 for one....a bought a bunch of stamps in the dollar bin and I cant wait to use them all.


I don't decorate the insides much but I did with this card. The title font is "midnight shadows" and I just printed it up on a 2 inch tag using my cricut. So I layered the center using "floral ovals" next "parisian motifs" (be sure to save the inside pieces for the cute little bats, they are perfect size) and last I stamped my image in "black mix'd media inx" by Donna Salazar and embossed it with "black embossing powder" for a cool shine on a cream "labels twenty two". The little bats are the leftovers from "parisian motifs" and I added "black stickles" with pop dots under them to give it a 3D look. 


Here you can see the bats popping off the card.


A little closer view of the chandelier...I also colored the candles with "orange smooch" it is great for those super tiny little details. The vintage button is from "making memories" I bought them years ago at a local scrapbooking convention in the dollar section and I finally broke them out. I also added tiny little pearls on the chandelier and also larger one is the corners of the card.  


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great, safe  holiday weekend! 
Hugs! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this card too. Smart idea making the bats!