Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Heartfelt Wednesday's...More Holiday Cards

Hi welcome back to another Heartfelt Wednesday
Today, I'm sharing with you 2 new cards! I usually make several layouts for the DT, however with these 2 particular stamps this month...they really need to be shown off. There is so much details and I didn't want it to get lost behind a photo or as a background.
I am NOT really good at  coloring...although I really try super hard to be...but I don't have the skill that many of my colleagues have over at HC....someday I hope. Meanwhile, all the coloring here was done using distressing inks from Tim Holtz and a watercolor brush. It was my VERY FIRST time trying that technique out. I add some flower soft and a little bit of shine using my jelly roll pen. 


Here you can see the little bit of pop off the title and the corner fixture. It is not too much and great for mailing, this coming holiday! 


So, here is my second card that I made this week for HC. It is all silver! The color was inspired by my sister who loves silvers for Christmas. Pretty easy to make and fast too! 


 Here you can see the 3D flowers and awesome ribbon.... have been experimenting with making triple loops...actually I think this one has 4??? lol


For all instructions and supplies check out the Heartfelt Creations Blog and don't forget to check out more fabulous designs from out DT.
Have a great Wednesday!
Hugs! 

4 comments:

Marisa Job said...

Beautiful cards Lisa!!! Great for the Holidays!!!

Caroline D. said...

Both cards are fantastic, but that silver monochromatic is stunning! It's been fun making Christmas cards all summer... lol.

Kathy said...

My goodness, Lisa, these are both gorgeous! Your coloring of the door image is fantastic, beautiful browns and red together! Nice job! The silver card is absolutely STUNNING! I just love everything about this one and that bow is to die for! Blessings! Kathy

Cibele Glazer said...

I think your coloring skills are great! You proved it with your first card. Your second card is just drop dead gorgeous!