Monday, July 30, 2012

Happy Birthday Old Buzzard!

Hi, Today is my husband's birthday :)
He is only 45 but we have this joke about calling each other old buzzard's sometimes....mostly becasue it gets harder to wake up for work in the morning and we tend to go to bed early....so we feel like old buzzards....lol 
So I wanted to make him a card with a buzzard and yet I needed it to be manly...I have had this pirate paper for a long time...so I finally used it. I also made the treasure chest out of black cardstock. I stamped woodgrain from Heartfelt Creations and embossed it in gold ink. I didnt have any gold coins so they are made out of gold paper and embossed with my cuttlebug. It is the same measurements as the tissue box in my earlier post. 


The balloons and bubble were made with my cricut and I just added quilling paper for strips and cut out one of the jolly roger's and glued it to the top of the balloon. The buzzard is a clipart printed out and I colored it with copic markers.


This is the first manly card I have made since Feb! Yikes! 
Have a great day! 

1 comment:

Jolaine Frias said...

Great card, love the bold colors and distress work!