Monday, March 19, 2012

Donna Salazar's Artistic Papers and Easter Card Tutorial


Hi, I wanted to share with you a Easy Easter Card using Donna Salazar's Artistic Papers from GCD. I absolutely LOVED the creamy colors and with the soft neutral prints, you can add any color you want to them! So, I decided to make this chocolate easter bunny card. As, many of my followers know already, I LOVE CHOCOLATE and well, since Valentine's Day is over now....it's time for Easter and chocolate bunnies! Yum!
This is the card you can make and it only takes 30 minutes...lets get started!
First, you cut medium brown cardstock 5 x 12 inches and fold in half for the base of your card.
Second, cut a darker brown 4.75 inches x 5.75 inches.

Next, cut one of the four pieces on the 12 x 12 cardstock out (6 x 6) and cut that piece into 4.5 inches by 5.5 inches. Take a mask...any kind will do, but I used a prima mask for mine. I then masked using "Donna Salazar's Mix'd Media" in Truffle and dabbled all around the inside and outside of the edges....Don't worry if it doesn't match all perfectly, it gives it a nice vintage/distressed look.

Here is what it will look like after you remove the mask.

Print out a fun chocolate saying about bunnies....I seen this one on line and I changed the font to American typewriter and Scriptina...
"Bunnies are darling. So soft and so small. But I love the chocolate ones best of all!"
Add brown satin ribbon around "Artistic Paper" and tie in a knot, then glue down all layers as shown.
Die cut or fussy cut out the label and place over ribbon with pop dots and the bunny is a free clipart. I changed the size to 2.5 inches tall and printed out on brown cardstock. I cut on the inside of the lines and ran it through the cuttlebug using a floral design to give it a chocolate feel.
Lastly, I added a thin piece of cream ribbon for the bow....that's it! EASY PEESY!


Another view of your finished card....the papers make it all happen...you don't need much to make this card shine!

Here are the products used by Donna Salazar's....if your on a budget these are for sure ones that you must have! You can never have enough creams and brown i think.....lol

GCD STUDIOS
Artistic Papers

CLEARSNAP

I hope you enjoyed this adorable CHOCOLATE Easter Bunny Card Tutorial. Be sure to come back soon for more designs and tutorials using Donna Salazar's Products....Thanks for stopping by!



4 comments:

Glenda said...

Simply gorgeous! Love all the cream and brown!

Karen B. said...

Ooh, so pretty! The sentiment makes me smile so, and I love your details!

Lisa Lynne said...

Another beauty! I love the brown color theme - certainly not "traditional" Easter, but really, really eye-catching.

Sharon Fritchman said...

That Easter Bunny is making me hungry for candy!!!!! LOL! YOu used her products to perfection, Lisa! Just a wonderful Easter card!