Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sympathy Card

Hi,
This morning I made this card for my girlfriend who just recently lost her father at the age of 56....way too young....and I can relate to the feeling of the loss of my father which happened almost 2 years ago...but still is very tender to the heart....
I was looking for a sympathy card over on pinterest, which happens to be a big inspirational place right now...when I seen a card made by...Amy Sheffer with Verve. OMGosh! I totally fell in love and knew that I wanted to make something like it for my friend. It has green...which I was told it was her favorite color by another friend....and all the softness to this card was the look I was hoping for to give to her....thank you AMY!
I used burlap and the cardboard is just Kraft cardstock, distressed and inked then put through my crimper to make it look like real cardboard.
The nest is twine swirled around a few times over and over, glued and added some small vintage pearls in the center. I used some of my heartfelt creations stamps, some old some new. The background paper is from Graphic 45...so soft....love it!
Believe it or not the paper matches the ferns...but here they really pop in color? Its OK though it looks good IRL...

The inside view...the paper is the opposite side of the front paper....
lots of distressing too...

Close up of the stamps from Heartfelt Creations...I'm not a big coloring person...but hope to be someday...meanwhile it worked out well for this sympathy card.... also a closer look at the nest with pearls....the music paper is just printed from the Internet on cream cardstock....no need to buy it....love when its free!

Hope she likes this card...for lots of LOVE went into it.....thanks for the sweet comments!

6 comments:

{Eka} said...

Amazing work!

Lizzyc said...

this is beautiful..

Vicky Alberto said...

Gorgeous card Lisa! My aunt just lost her hubby this weekend to a heart attack - he was also 52 :(

KellyCreates said...

Such a tender and beautiful card...your friend will love it :)

Carol Hurlock said...

Lisa this is awesome. I am sure your friend will adore it and treasure it. It looks made from your heart!

Judi said...

Great card Lisa. Love the burlap and the nest. The general natural feel is so soft. Well done.