Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bridal/Wedding Pop-Up Cake Card

Hello everyone,
Im back with a new card to share with you. I have not been able to scrap for many days because I injured my leg....but its getting better and today I was able to finally make something! Scrapping withdraw...I need my fix! lol
I was asked a while ago to make some bridal invitations for someone very special (well I offered first)...but, Im not sure if she still needs them? However, I thought I would try to come up with something as an example.. As I was looking at Martha Stewart's old Bridal Shower Cards, I came across this AMAZING pop-up cake card made by Carol...you can find her template here. Beware, it does take some patience, but so worth the ending result! I kept the colors neutral and added bling...but as always you can pick any color to match any theme!
Here is the front of the card...

Now for the gorgeous inside! Love it!!! I added lace to the front and back so when it opens, it brought out more of the cream.
Another angle from the top....I just used a basic saying...but you can customize it to whatever you want....I also changed the lace icing pattern...by punching holes around the scallops.
Thanks for stopping by....Hugs!

4 comments:

Vicky Alberto said...

OMGosh incredibly amazing and sooooo beautiful!

Scrappycath said...

Yours turned out sweet too. I like the cascading flowers. Perhaps I'll try that next time!

Lori said...

Gorgeous! It does look frustrating.

Camille Short said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for the idea. I just made a tacky "Vegas" version for a fun card for some friends...one day I hope to make one as beautiful as yours. :D